We offer several delivery options for our classes and workshops. Whether you are a new or expecting parent, grandparent, having a hospital birth, home birth or looking for postpartum information and strategies, we have a class for you.
Spinning Babies® Parent Class
*Spinning Babies is also offered as a one on one session click here to contact us for more information .
March 28 2020 – 10:30am – 4pm @ ASAC (7219 106 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 4V6)
JULY 2020 – TBA
WATCH INFO TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FtX8b4lyx8
Balance – Gravity – Movement
“Spinning Babies® offers strategies for Easier Childbirth with Fetal Positioning by promoting Physiology Before Force”
You will receive the following information and tools:
- Birthing Anatomy – The Maternal Pelvis
- “Where’s the Baby?” – Baby’s Position through Belly Mapping Techniques
- Daily Essentials and Three Sister’s of Balance activities that encourage range of motion and balance in your body during Pregnancy and Labor
- Labor Patterns and the “Invitations to Act”.
- What helps baby to engage, rotate and descend during labor
- Parent ebook as well as Parent Class handouts
cost: $170 ( Doula clients NO fee)
Prenatal Education Workshop – with Village Collective Doulas
Day 1 – Childbirth Education Workshop (10 am – 4pm)
With Milly Friedman, Certified Spinning Babies Parent Educator
This comprehensive workshop offers learnings about the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and birth. The idea of “physiology before force”, how to apply this to your pregnancy and birthing time. We will discuss and do activities to support mental preparation, an overview of the “hormone cocktail of birthing”, comfort measures as well as advocacy tools for both the Birthgiver and their Birth Partner.
Day 2 – Postpartum Mom & Baby Care Workshop (9:30 am – 12:30 pm)
With Kelly Campbell, Postpartum Doula
In this workshop we will focus on what comes next after baby arrives. We will go over some essentials of newborn and mom care. We will create a plan for your postpartum period that is specific to your family and chat about what to expect. You will leave with handouts, recipes and so much more, this will be everything you need to know about adjusting to your new life with your newborn.
Please email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
cost: $250 – Clients
cost: $300 – non Clients
New Parent Education Class (Private in Home)
This 4 hour class is broken down into 2 visits to your home. Topics covered are the same as the group class and also includes a Personalized Birth Wish and Postpartum Care Plan.
Parent Education – A Refresh Class (Group)
NEXT CLASS: TBA ( private in home available please see below)
Whether this is your second birth or sixth, this 5 hour class will help set you up for your upcoming birth! Topics covered:
- Spinning Babies® Parent Class Module (see above)
- Birth Partner’s Role
- VBacs (Vaginal Birth after Caesarean)
- Tips on parenting two or more children
- Feeding your Newborn
- Introducing baby to your pets
- Develop your Birth Wish Plan and Postpartum Care Plan
Parent Education- A Refresh Class (Private in Home)
This 4 hour class is two visits to your home (can be done in one if requested). Topics covered are the same as the group class and also includes a personalized birth wish and postpartum care plan
POSTPARTUM EDUCATION CLASSES
Postpartum Education Class (Group)
NEXT CLASS: TBA ( private in home offered see below)
Topics covered in this amazing 5 hour class include:
- Infant and Toddler CPR/First Aid Information
- Infant and Toddler Nutrition
- What to expect emotionally postpartum
- Baby wearing
- Strategies to “Fill your Cup” adjusting to your new normal as a parent
Postpartum Education Class (Private in Home)
This class is 2 visits of 2 hours in your home. Including information listed above in postpartum group class, as well as one hour postpartum Doula Service to be booked at a mutually agreed time.
cost: $ 225