We offer several delivery options for our classes and workshops. Whether you are a new or expecting parent, grandparent, having a hospital birth, home birth or looking for postpartum information and strategies, we have a class for you.
Spinning Babies® Parent Class
*Spinning Babies is also offered as a one on one session click here to contact us for more information .
September 2019 – email firstname.lastname@example.org for class information.
October 2019 – Email email@example.com for class information
WATCH INFO TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FtX8b4lyx8
In this 4 hour class learn the techniques that help support the Three Principles of Spinning Babies®
Balance – Gravity – Movement
“Spinning Babies® offers strategies for Easier Childbirth with Fetal Positioning by promoting Physiology Before Force”
You will receive the following information and tools:
- Birthing Anatomy – The Maternal Pelvis
- “Where’s the Baby?” – Baby’s Position through Belly Mapping Techniques
- Daily Essentials and Three Sister’s of Balance activities that encourage range of motion and balance in your body during Pregnancy and Labor
- Labor Patterns and the “Invitations to Act”.
- What helps baby to engage, rotate and descend during labor
- Parent ebook as well as Parent Class handouts
cost: $170 ( Doula clients NO fee)
Prenatal Education Workshop – with Village Collective Doulas
This comprehensive, 2 day workshop is the only of it’s kind in the Edmonton area. We combined the only Certified Spinning Babies Parent Educator, and the only GentleBirth Educator in the city to make this well-rounded, interactive class. Be prepared to participate and learn all about the physiology and movement of pregnancy and birth, mental preparation, building the right mindset, how to navigate your birth room, advocate for yourself, potential interventions and medications offered, coping techniques and breastfeeding taught by Sarah (CLC), and how to best balance your body for birth taught by Milly (Spinning Babies). Sacred Pregnancy certified doula Kelly Campbell will give you the tools to set you up for your postpartum journey.
Sat, Sep 14 10:00 AM – Sep 15, 12:30 PM
Beginnings Midwifery Care, 5332 89 St NW, 2nd Floor, Edmonton
(Day 1: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm / Day 2: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm)
To register please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
cost: $250 – Clients
cost: $300 – non Clients
New Parent Education Class (Private in Home)
This 4 hour class is broken down into 2 visits to your home. Topics covered are the same as the group class and also includes a Personalized Birth Wish and Postpartum Care Plan.
Parent Education – A Refresh Class (Group)
NEXT CLASS: TBA ( private in home available please see below)
Whether this is your second birth or sixth, this 5 hour class will help set you up for your upcoming birth! Topics covered:
- Spinning Babies® Parent Class Module (see above)
- Birth Partner’s Role
- VBacs (Vaginal Birth after Caesarean)
- Tips on parenting two or more children
- Feeding your Newborn
- Introducing baby to your pets
- Develop your Birth Wish Plan and Postpartum Care Plan
Parent Education- A Refresh Class (Private in Home)
This 4 hour class is two visits to your home (can be done in one if requested). Topics covered are the same as the group class and also includes a personalized birth wish and postpartum care plan
POSTPARTUM EDUCATION CLASSES
Postpartum Education Class (Group)
NEXT CLASS: TBA ( private in home offered see below)
Topics covered in this amazing 5 hour class include:
- Infant and Toddler CPR/First Aid Information
- Infant and Toddler Nutrition
- What to expect emotionally postpartum
- Baby wearing
- Strategies to “Fill your Cup” adjusting to your new normal as a parent
Postpartum Education Class (Private in Home)
This class is 2 visits of 2 hours in your home. Including information listed above in postpartum group class, as well as one hour postpartum Doula Service to be booked at a mutually agreed time.
cost: $ 225