“A Doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible. “
Birthing is a time to connect mind and body. A Doula helps to facilitate this connection for not only the mother but the partner as well. A Doula’s knowledge of correct body posture during pregnancy, labor position changes as well as breathing and comfort techniques help the Birthgiver and baby work together for a healthy satisfying birth. In labor it is the Birthing Person’s job to dilate and the Baby’s job to rotate. Doulas support every type of birth whether unmedicated, medicated, or cesarean, and at home, hospital, or birth centre.
An overview of Services:
Prenatal and Birth:
- Prenatal Support 24/7
- In Person Spinning Babies® Parent Class WATCH Trailer for Info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FtX8b4lyx8
- 2 in-person prenatal visits with Belly Mapping and Spinning Babies®
- Birthing and Postpartum Wishlist
- Full in-person labor support with Personalized Spinning Babies®
- Hypnobabies Doula Support (if requested)
- TENS Machine for Comfort
- Birthing Pool Service
After your Birth:
- I remain with you for at least one hour after the birth, until you are comfortable, you have established initial feeding, and your family is ready for quiet time together
- We will schedule a follow-up visit within 2 weeks to meet the baby and review the birth.
- I am available for a minimum of 6 weeks postpartum for support 24/7